COFFEE + ANIMALS + ART (+ COMPETITION, only if you want to enter!)
Join Get in the Mood® for a FREE Zoom COFFEE ART CLASS with our Coffee Ambassador, Artist & Visual Storyteller Salina Jane on SATURDAY 6th MARCH 16.00- 17.30 GMT.
Learn from Salina as she showcases the art of painting with coffee, showing you different techniques and clever ideas to help you create either a cat, panda, hamster, baboon or raccoon... inspired of course by our 5 Coffee Buddies – Partied out Panda®, Intrepid Baboon®, Brilliant Raccoon®, Hectic Hamster® and Fancy Cat®.
You can paint your animal from a live muse (your pet - guessing that a cat and hamster are most likely!), a photo that you've downloaded (great royalty free choices from PixaBay) or from the wilds of your imagination. Anything goes!
And no obligation, but if you did also want to enter our competition, you can - simply paint either a cat, a hamster, a panda, a baboon or a raccoon , or any combinations of these 5! You’ll have a week to practice before you’ll need present your best Coffee Buddy animal to us, for acclaimed artist Stephen Rew, winner of Wildlife Artist of the Year 2019, to judge. The following week, he’ll be selecting his favourites from all entries, giving feedback… and yes there will be prizes awarded 😊
More about Sal here.
More about Stephen here
How it works:
CLICK HERE to register; You’ll receive an email with the list of basic items required to take part and receive the Zoom Webinar link. Do check your junk mail if it doesn’t turn up!
You can paint with any coffee on the day but it needs to be fresh coffee not instant. If you did want to really get in the right mood (see what we did there haha!), then you can paint with one of the Coffee Buddies and drink along at the same time! Sal prefers to paint with either Intrepid Baboon or Brilliant Raccoon as they both have rich bodies. Just remember that if you want to drink them as well as paint with them (of course you do!!) then Intrepid comes ground ready for an espresso machine. Enjoy 50 pence off any of the Coffee Buddies with discount code ART50 until the end of March!
ON THE DAY- Saturday 6th March 16.00-17.30 GMT
Follow the Zoom link and join us on Saturday 6th March at 4pm UK time for an hour and a half of painting fun!
Meet Sal and learn the secrets to creating animal characters with coffee. She'll be taking you through some of hers and Stephen's favourite ways to create 'coffee animals' - check out Stephen's videos below for a taster!
Practice the elements, how to “brew your paint”, how to apply and, should you decide to enter the competition, what our judge Stephen will be looking for.
At 5.30pm the zoom will close and you’re on your own to design your masterpiece(s). This can be any of the 5 animals or even ALL five! See how creative you feel – fun for you and your family.
As we mentioned, this is for creative fun, however, if you also wanted to enter your work, you can submit (as many pieces as you wish) by Thursday 11th March at midnight GMT.
You will need to paint either a cat, a hamster, a panda, a baboon or a raccoon , or any combinations of these 5!
Simply upload photographs of your artwork to your own Facebook, Twitter or Instagram profile/s simply using the hashtag #CoffeeBuddiesArt.
VIEWING MASTERPIECES AND ANNOUNCING WINNERS – Saturday 13th March 16.00-16.30 GMT
Everyone is welcome to join us for the Winners Reveal on Saturday 13th March at 4pm. Judging and feedback will be given by acclaimed artist Stephen Rew, winner of Wildlife Artist of the Year 2019, and renowned for his animal sculptures and coffee and ink paintings. You’ll enjoy seeing a little of Stephen’s work, get to hear about his way of working, and he’ll showcase some of his favourite Coffee Buddies, including announcing his WINNERS! This will be via a pre recorded video and posted across our social media channels.
A Coffee Buddies Luxury Coffee Gift Box will be presented to the Winner of each of the 5 animal categories and those who receive an honourable mention from Judge Stephen will each receive a bag of Get in the Mood Coffee (you can choose which) and a Fancy Cat Cappuccino stencil.
THE QUICK BORING BITS ABOUT THE COMPETITION
Terms and Conditions for The Coffee Buddies Art Class Competition
- The promoter is: Get in the Mood Ltd (company no. 97095080) whose registered office is at 34-35 Eastcastle Street, London, W1W 8DW, UK
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom and Eire except employees of Get in the Mood Ltd and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the giveaway.
- Get in the Mood Ltd‘s and Stephen Rew's decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. The rules are: Choose either a panda, cat, baboon, raccoon or hamster, and paint your version with coffee as the base - adding ink/other mediums most welcome. Submit as many entrants as you wish to your own Instagram, Twitter or Facebook page with the hashtag #CoffeeBuddiesArt
- There are 5 winning prizes. Prizes within this competition are 5 Coffee Buddies Luxury Coffee Gift Box's - a box each for the best panda, cat, raccoon, baboon and hamster. Those who receive an honourable mention from Judge Stephen will each receive a bag of Get in the Mood Coffee (you can choose which) and a Fancy Cat Cappuccino stencil.
- The Competition close date is Thursday 11th March 2021, midnight GMT. After the closing date no further entries to the competition will be included in the draw. The 5 winners will be announced via video, across our social media channels on Saturday 13th March 2021 between 16.00-16.30 GMT.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- There is no cash or other alternative for prizes.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances Get in the Mood Ltd reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value to the offered giveaway prize without giving notice.
- Get in the Mood Ltd reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of Get in the Mood Ltd’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by Get in the Mood Ltd through social media and/or on our website https://getinthemoodstore.com/
- Get in the Mood Ltd shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- Prizes are non-transferable.
- Each winner's name may be published on our news and social media pages and will be asked to contact Get in the Mood Ltd to claim their prize.
- The 5 winners will be notified by social media live, and followed up within 3 working days of the closing date. If the winners cannot be contacted or do not claim their prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from said winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Each winner is required to provide their full name, full contact telephone number (including area code if providing a landline number) or other method of contact (if applicable), email address and an address to which their prize will be sent to by Get in the Mood Ltd.
- Get in the Mood Ltd will notify each winner when the prize can be delivered.
- Get in the Mood Ltd accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the giveaway or accepting the prize.
- Get in the Mood Ltd’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the giveaway will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.